The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond. The Nature Center is operated by a small, grass roots non-profit organization. We hope you'll visit us and take some time to enjoy the trails and programs we offer.
May through September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. CLOSED MONDAYS & TUESDAYS
October through April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
Parking fee: $5/vehicle. Hiking for more than a day? $10/vehicle for up to 3 days. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers. Our overflow parking area is NOT suitable for RV's or trailers and is not open during the winter months. Please DO NOT park along Eagle River Road or side streets where "NO PARKING" is indicated - you may receive a ticket. You may park further down Eagle River Road where there are no signs.
The trails are always accessible. Trail maps are located at the front door of the Nature Center, inside when open, or on our website.
Group field trips (guided and unguided) are available by appointment.
- June 2019 Program (pdf format)
- July 2019 Program (pdf format)
- Don't forget to make a donation to your favorite non-profits when you apply for your PFD. Pick. Click. Give. Thank you for making us one of your favs!
- Our ANNUAL AUCTION is not too far away - Saturday, October 5, 2019 at the AK Native Heritage Center. If you have an item that you might like us to consider for our silent or live auction, we'd love to hear from you. Here's a copy of our donor form.
Thank you to our very generous sponsors:
Alaska Airlines**, Alaska Community Foundation**, Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary **, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.**, BP*, CIRI**, ConocoPhillips*, Eagle River-Chugiak Rotary ***, GCI *** , Jeffrey and Rebecca Moore Family Foundation **, Latouche Pediatrics ***, MEA Charitable Trust**, REI Co-op*, Pick. Click. Give. , Rasmuson Foundation*, and TOTE Maritime Alaska**.
* $5000 or more; **$1000-$4999; ***$500-$999
Purchase with purpose. Shop for back to school supplies at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/92-0156981 and Amazon donates to Friends of Eagle River Nature Center Inc.