The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May to September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm Only the building is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
Only fee is for parking: $5/vehicle. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers.
The trails are always accessible. Group field trips are available by appointment.
- ALBERT LOOP TRAIL has officially closed for the salmon run season. This is a strictly enforced closure by Chugach State Park administrators. Please hike the many other trails that are not closed including: Rodak Nature Trail, Dew Mound Trail, and the Crow Pass Trail.
- Please register online for classes and workshops. Please don't forget to contact us if you need
to cancel so that those on the waitlist can attend. If you have any questions or suggestions for us please don't
hesitate to contact us.
- Our OCTOBER NIGHTS AUCTION was a great success. Thank you to all our donors, sponsors, participants,
and volunteers. Cheers!
Thank you to our major* sponsors:
Alaska Airlines, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co., BP, CIRI, ConocoPhillips, Eagle River Area Rotary, ExxonMobil Foundation, KPMG LLP, Perkins Coie, LLP, REI Co-op, Rasmuson Foundation, Spenard Builders Supply, and TOTE Maritime Alaska.
* $1000 or more