The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May & September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. The main building will be closed December 24, 2018 through January 3, 2019. Trails always open!
June, July & August : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays.
Parking fee: $5/vehicle. Hiking for more than a day? $10/vehicle for up to 3 days. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers. Our overflow parking area is NOT suitable for RV's or trailers.
The trails are always accessible. Trail maps are located at the front door of the Nature Center, inside when open, or on our website.
Group field trips (guided and unguided) are available by appointment.
- November & December 2018 Program (pdf format)
- We have 2 solstice events this year. On Friday, Dec. 21, 5-8pm, the building will be open and you may walk the ice candlelit Rodak Nature Trail anytime during those hours. On Saturday, Dec. 22, 6-8pm, we will have parking at the North Fork parking lot with shuttle service, fire jugglers, bonfire and more. Schedule of events.
- January 2019 Program (pdf format)
- Scholarships are available to school classes through April 2019. Please spread the word to teachers.
- THANK YOU to all our Pick. Click. Give donors. Thanks to all of you, we raised over $7000!
- We will be seeking a TRAILS & GROUNDS MANAGER for next spring/summer. Contact us for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Alaska Airlines**, Alaska Community Foundation**, Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary **, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.**, BP*, CIRI**, ConocoPhillips**, Eagle River-Chugiak Rotary ***, GCI ***, REI Co-op*, Pick. Click. Give. , Rasmuson Foundation*, and TOTE Maritime Alaska**.
* $5000 or more; **$1000-$4999; ***$500-$999
Purchase with purpose. Shop for back to school supplies at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/92-0156981 and Amazon donates to Friends of Eagle River Nature Center Inc.