The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May & September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
June, July & August : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays.
Parking fee: $5/vehicle. Hiking for more than a day? $10/vehicle for up to 3 days. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers. Our overflow parking area is NOT suitable for RV's or trailers and is not open during the winter months.
The trails are always accessible. Trail maps are located at the front door of the Nature Center, inside when open, or on our website.
Group field trips (guided and unguided) are available by appointment.
- MARCH 15, 2019 RELEASE: THE NATURE CENTER IS SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR A PART-TIME TRAIL MANAGER POSITION.
- March 2019 Program (pdf format)
- April 2019 Program (pdf format)
- Scholarships are available to school classes through April 2019. Please spread the word to teachers.
- Mark your Calendar: 2019 Music in the Mountains event coming May 18, 2019. Beer from our local breweries, bbq food, & fabulous music from the Midnight Sun Zombies and the Allgood Family Band. Tickets go on sale April 1. You'll also receive your very own logo beer glass.
- Don't forget to make a donation to your favorite non-profits when you apply for your PFD. Pick. Click. Give. Thank you for making us one of your favs!
Thank you to our sponsors:
Alaska Airlines**, Alaska Community Foundation**, Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary **, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.**, BP*, CIRI**, ConocoPhillips**, Eagle River-Chugiak Rotary ***, Latouche Pediatrics ***, GCI ***, REI Co-op*, Pick. Click. Give. , Rasmuson Foundation*, and TOTE Maritime Alaska**.
* $5000 or more; **$1000-$4999; ***$500-$999
Purchase with purpose. Shop for back to school supplies at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/92-0156981 and Amazon donates to Friends of Eagle River Nature Center Inc.