The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May to September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm Only the building is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
Only fee is for parking: $5/vehicle. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers.
The trails are always accessible. Group field trips are available by appointment.
- Solstice Celebration today, December 16, 6-8 pm. The entire Rodak Nature Trail is candlelit. Follow the trail to the bonfire and fire juggler performance at 7pm. Grippers suggested.
- Historic Iditarod Roadhouse Day and Evening, January 13, 2018.
- Night with the Stars featuring internationally acclaimed storyteller Susan Strauss, February 24, 2018.
Thank you to our major* sponsors:
Alaska Airlines, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co., BP, CIRI, ConocoPhillips, Eagle River Area Rotary, ExxonMobil Foundation, KPMG LLP, Perkins Coie, LLP, REI Co-op, Rasmuson Foundation, Spenard Builders Supply, and TOTE Maritime Alaska.
* $1000 or more