The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May & September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
June, July & August : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
Only fee is for parking: $5/vehicle. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers.
The trails are always accessible. Group field trips are available by appointment.
- April and May 2018 Programs (pdf format)
- MUSIC IN THE MOUNTAINS with the Midnight Sun Zombies on May 19, 2018 from 7-9pm at the Nature Center. Enjoy beers with the bears (not really but it sounds good), tacos and listen to fun music from the Zombies. $25/person. Details and tickets coming soon!
- National Trails Day Volunteer Trail Day at the Nature Center on June 2, 2018 from 9am-Noon.
Thank you to our major* sponsors:
Alaska Airlines, Alaska Community Foundation, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co., BP, CIRI, ConocoPhillips, Eagle River Area Rotary, ExxonMobil Foundation, KPMG LLP, Perkins Coie, LLP, REI Co-op, Rasmuson Foundation, Spenard Builders Supply, and TOTE Maritime Alaska.
* $1000 or more