The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond. The Nature Center is operated by a small, grass roots non-profit organization. We hope you'll visit us and take some time to enjoy the trails and programs we offer.
May through September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. CLOSED MONDAYS & TUESDAYS.
October through April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
Parking fee: $5/vehicle. Hiking for more than a day? $10/vehicle for up to 3 days. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers. Our overflow parking area is NOT suitable for RV's or trailers and is not open during the winter months. Please DO NOT park along Eagle River Road or side streets where "NO PARKING" is indicated - you may receive a ticket. You may park further down Eagle River Road where there are no signs.
The trails are always accessible. Trail maps are located at the front door of the Nature Center, inside when open, or on our website.
Group field classes (guided and unguided for schools, camp groups, scouts, etc) are available by appointment.
Commercial Tour Operators must have a Nature Center permit to operate here. Contact us for details.
- Although the BURN BAN has been officially lifted by the Anchorage Fire Dept, we still encourage campers to ONLY build small fires in designated fire rings or to not build them at all. Eagle River continues to have dry conditions so please be careful and put out all fires completely. Thank you!
- July 2019 Program (pdf format)
- August 2019 Program (pdf format)
- HOMER LAND RAFFLE is SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone that supported us by purchasing a ticket. We will be drawing the winner at our annual auction on October 5, 2019. Good luck to the 100 folks that bought tickets!
Thank you to our very generous sponsors:
Alaska Airlines**, Alaska Community Foundation**, Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary **, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.**, BP*, CIRI**, ConocoPhillips*, Eagle River-Chugiak Rotary ***, GCI *** , Jeffrey and Rebecca Moore Family Foundation **, Latouche Pediatrics ***, MEA Charitable Trust**, REI Co-op*, Pick. Click. Give. , Rasmuson Foundation*, and TOTE Maritime Alaska**.
* $5000 or more; **$1000-$4999; ***$500-$999
Purchase with purpose. Shop for back to school supplies at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/92-0156981 and Amazon donates to Friends of Eagle River Nature Center Inc.