The Eagle River Nature Center
You’ll discover the beauty of the Eagle River Valley as you begin your drive along Eagle River Road. Residential areas will give way to breathtaking views of glacially-carved mountains. At Mile 12 you will reach the log cabin nature center – a threshold for connecting to the ever-changing landscape beyond.
- Phone: 907-694-2108
- Fax: 907-694-2119
- Eagle River Nature Center 32750 Eagle River Road Eagle River, AK 99577
- 501c3 non-profit #92-0156981. Established 1996.
May & September: Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
June, July & August : Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Closed Mondays.
October to April: Friday-Sunday, 10am-5pm.
Only fee is for parking: $5/vehicle. Hiking for more than a day? $10/vehicle for up to 3 days. Limited parking area for RV's and vehicles with trailers. Our overflow parking area is NOT suitable for RV's or trailers.
The trails are always accessible. Trail maps are located at the front door of the Nature Center, inside when open, or on our website.
Group field trips (guided and unguided) are available by appointment.
- July 2018 Program (pdf format)
- August 2018 Program (pdf format)
- 5K&10K Eagle River Challenge Trail Race Route Map
- Music in the Mountains with singer Robin Hopper coming September 22, 2018
- October Nights Annual Auction at the Alaska Native Heritage Center coming October 6, 2018. To sponsor a table or to donate to our silent or live auctions contact us.
- We will be seeking a TRAIL CREW MANAGER for next spring/summer. Contact us for more information.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Alaska Airlines**, Alaska Community Foundation**, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.**, BP*, CIRI**, ConocoPhillips**, Eagle River-Chugiak Rotary ***, GCI ***, REI Co-op*, Pick. Click. Give. , Rasmuson Foundation*, and TOTE Maritime Alaska**.
* $5000 or more; **$1000-$4999; ***$500-$999